Monday, October 12, 2009

Impossible Image- first thoughts


New Project: Impossible Image

Contortion

Contortion (sometimes contortionism) is an unusual form of physical display which involves the dramatic bending and flexing of the human body. Contortion is often part of acrobatics and circus acts. In general, contortionists have unusual natural flexibility, which is then enhanced through gymnastic training.

For this project I want to use my own body and Photoshop in order to become a contortionist. I still need to shoot of images for this. I will probably wear all black or something while shooting. At first I just wanted to manipulate my body back into those ballet positions that I can no longer express but I think that contortion is a lot more visually interesting and has more of a universal psychological interest.



No comments:

Post a Comment